Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1.0
Oneplus launched couple of flagship smartphones last year, called OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. In the previous article, we talked about how to install Android 8.1 Oreo Oxygen 5.1 on OnePlus 5. Now you will find here how to Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1.0. The Oxygen OS 5.1 is an official update released by the company via OTA.
The OnePlus 5T came with pre-installed Android 7.1 Nougat operating system out of the box. Now the OnePlus 5T owners start receiving Android 8.1 Oreo update officially via OTA. But still, the update will take time to reach everyone all over the world. Here you can download and install, Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo which is based on OxygenOS 5.1.
If you have OnePlus 5T flagship and don’t want to wait for the notification of official OxygenOS 5.1 update which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Just follow the article step by step to update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo based on OxygenOS 5.1.
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1.0 official manually
- Download the OxygenOS 5.1 OTA update for the Oneplus 5T from the download section.
- Now transfer the downloaded file into your device internal storage.
- Go to the setting app on your phone and tap on system updates.
- Now tap on the local upgrade option and select the OTA zip file.
- After selecting the file, you will get a popup for confirmation to upgrade the phone.
- Now, tap on upgrade now option to start installing process.
- After confirmation, the process will take few minutes and after completing, your phone will reboot automatically.
Also read : Top Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 5T
After reboot, go to your phone setting and check about phone, you will find your OnePlus 5 running on Android 8.1 Oreo based on OxygenOS 5.1 along with April security patch installed.