The reason most of the rooted users are believing in having custom ROM is because of the Lineage OS. One of the most popular custom ROM running on most of the rooted Android. Follow the post to get the list of Android 8.1 based Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
Also, we have seen that the incremental update also termed as maintenance release on top of Android 8.0 Oreo was released by Google which has been named as Android 8.1 Oreo. Therefore, it is time that LineageOS also came out with its own builds that are based on the latest version of Android and the LineageOS team has done exactly the same.
As far as the features of LineageOS 15.1 are concerned, the team behind LineageOS has combined all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo as well as Android 8.1 Oreo along with all the features from previous builds of LineageOS and combined them in this latest builds. Apart from that, we will also make sure to update this list with more devices as soon as they are officially supported by LineageOS 15.1
List of official LineageOS 15.1 supported devices
- LineageOS 15.1 For Google Nexus 5X | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Google Nexus 6P | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For LeEco Le Pro 3 | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For OnePlus 2 | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For OnePlus 3/3T | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For OnePlus 5 | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For OnePlus 5T | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi 5 | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi 5s | Download
- LineageOS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus | Download
Things to Check
- To install LineageOS, your device must have bootlocker unlocked.
- Also, you should take a complete backup of your smartphone’s data before installing LineageOS 15.1 on your device.
- Make sure to have at least 50% or more battery on your device before starting the installation process.
Steps to install LineageOS 15.1 on officially supported devices
- If you’re reading this, I’m assuming you’ve read all the requisites in order to follow the LineageOS 15.1 installation process.
- Afte that, go to the List of LineageOS 15.1 supported devices section above and download the file available for your device.
- Once the ROM has been downloaded, download the GApps from the Download Links section above for Android 8.1 devices.
- You do not need to wipe data and factory reset your device before installation of LineageOS 15.1, if you are already on a LineageOS 14.1 ROM.
- However, if you are Non-LineageOS builds then you will have to factory reset your entire device before installation
- Now, enter recovery mode on your device by turning off your device and long-pressing Power+Volume Down button for 3-5 seconds.
- Once in TWRP recovery, you have to select the Install option and select the downloaded ROM as well as GApps file and swipe to install this zips one by one.
- Once the process of installation is complete, you will have to reboot your device into the system. It is possible that the first reboot may occur 2-3 times so note that this is normal and you don’t need to panic if this happens on your device.
- Once the device has rebooted successfully, your smartphone will be running LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.