Install official update Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 [OxygenOS 5.1.0 Manually]
Last year, a Chinese manufacturer launched its flagship smartphone to the market, called OnePlus 5. The OnePlus 5 comes with pre-installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat Operating system out of the box along with Oxygen OS UI running on top. Now the company released the Android 8.1 Oreo based OxygenOS 5.1 update officially for the OnePlus 5 via OTA. Here you will find how to install official update Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 based on OxygenOS 5.1.
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of Android Mobile operating system. Android 8.1 Oreo official update for the OnePlus 5 released via OTA. Google has released the Android 9.0 P developer preview 1 for the selected Nexus and Pixel phones.
If you have OnePlus 5 flagship and waiting for the notification of official OxygenOS 5.1 update which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here you can download and install OxygenOS 5.1 official Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 OTA manually. Here we added the full changelog as well as other features and improvements.
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
how to install official Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 based on OxygenOS 5.1 OTA update manually
- Download the OxygenOS 5.1 OTA update for the Oneplus 5 from the download section.
- Now transfer the downloaded file into your device internal storage.
- Go to the setting app on your phone and tap on system updates.
- Now tap on the local upgrade option and select the OTA zip file.
- After selecting the file, you will get a popup for confirmation to upgrade the phone.
- Now, tap on upgrade now option to start installing process.
- After confirmation, the process will take few minutes and after compeleting, your phone will reboot automatically.
Also read : Top Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 5T
After reboot, go to your phone setting and check about phone, you will find your OnePlus 5 running on Android 8.1 Oreo based on OxygenOS 5.1 along with April security patch installed.