Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia XZ1 Compact [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, we are going to guide you how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia XZ1 Compact or how to update Xperia XZ1 Compact to Android 8.1 Oreo. The Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for Xperia XZ1 Compact G8441 (lilac codename) is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. The LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Xperia XZ1 Compact is one of the best custom ROM for the phone.
Sony launched the Xperia XZ1 Compact G8441 phone last year. It comes with 4.6-inch IPS display with 720 x 1280 pixels of resolution and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Xperia XZ1 Compact lilac is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor under the hood along with Adreno 540 GPU. It has 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB expandable storage.
The Xperia XZ1 Compact G8441 featured with a 19-megapixel camera on the back side and 8-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery inside the body and supports Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0) feature. There is side mounted a fingerprint scanner.
If you have Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact G8441 Lilac phone and want to install Android 8.1 Oreo or update to Android 8.1 Oreo without waiting for the official update or don’t want to wait for anymore, then you are at the right place. Here we will help you to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia XZ1 Compact or update Xperia XZ1 COmpact to Android 8.1 Oreo. Just follow the article step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia XZ1 Compact which is based on LineageOS 15.1.
Note: The ROM is still in the Beta stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia XZ1 COmpact G8441 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Xperia XZ1 Compact based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download GApps
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia XZ1 COmpact based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for Xperia XZ1 Compact from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.