Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Docomo [RESURRECTION REMIX]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to upgrade, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Docomo smartphone which is based on Resurrection Remix (RR) custom ROM. This is the Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 version custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. The RR 6.0.0 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 (kltedcm code name) is brought to you by developer voidz-maguro (voidz777).
Samsung Galaxy S5 Docomo launched in 2014 and comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box. The company upgraded it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware. But After Marshmallow, the company did not release any firmware OS update for the phone.
If you have Galaxy S5 Docomo variant flagship smartphone and want to upgrade it to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article step-by-step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Docomo which based on RR 6.0.0 custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Docomo kltedcm smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Galaxy S5 Docomo
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Docomo based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Galaxy S5 Docomo and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Samsung Galaxy S5 Docomo is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on Resurrection Remix 6.0. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root Galaxy S5 Docomo via SuperSU
To Root Galaxy S5 Docomo via SuperSU. Click Here
Now you have Root access too.