How to update Moto Z2 Force to Android 8.1 Oreo [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, install and update Moto Z2 Force to Android 8.1 Oreo operating system which is based on unofficial Custom ROM. The Moto Z2 Force also known as Moto Z force 2nd generation. This is a LineageOS 15.1 version of custom ROM which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo firmware OS.
Motorola launched the Moto Z2 Force nash edition smartphone back in August 2017. It comes with high-end specs on board. It comes with 5.5-inch P-OLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels of resolution and 534 PPI density ratio. It is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 under the hood along with Adreno 540. The Moto Z2 Force is available in 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage, 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage and 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage option.
The Moto Z2 Force codename nash feaured with dual 12 megapixel cameras on the back side while on the front side, it has 5-megapixel camera for selfies and video calling. The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system out of the box and company planned to upgrade it to Android 8.0 Oreo officially. The phone is packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 2730 mAh battery along with fast charging support.
If You have Motorola Moto Z2 Force and want to experience Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you are right place. Just follow the article to download, install, flash and update Moto Z Force to Android 8.1 Oreo ROM which is based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Motorola Moto Z2 Force (nash) smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force by invisiblek
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force by erfanoabdi
- Download GApps
How to update Moto Z2 Force to Android 8.1 Oreo based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Moto Z2 Force and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Moto Z2 Force (nash) is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.