How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 Wi-Fi
Here you will find a tutorial on how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-fi model which is based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is the official LineageOS custom ROM for the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7-inch Wi-Fi connectivity model which was launched in 2016. This is LineageOS 15.1 ROM version for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code.
If you have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi model and want to update to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article to install Android 8.1 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 Wi-Fi model which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 bootloader is unlocked
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 tablet. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for your tablet from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
How to root Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 Wi-Fi via SuperSU
Now you rooted your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 Wi-Fi model tablet. If you are facing any issue during any process, let us know in the comment sections.