LG has truly upped its game with its latest two smartphones, especially with its latest G7 “ThinQ,” and it deserves a spot on your short list. And if you already have this premium smartphone in your hand want to take is hardware usage to the fullest, rooting is the way. This post talks about the easiest possible way to Root LG G7 ThinQ using Magisk App.
How to Root LG G7 ThinQ with Magisk App
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for OnePlus 6. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the OnePlus 6.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- Open Settings> About device> Software info on your LG G7 ThinQ.
- Now scroll to Build number and tap it 7 times.
- After tapping the Build Number 7 times, you will see a message “You are now a developer!” or “Developer mode has been enabled”.
- Unlock the bootloader of your LG G7. Until you do this, you cannot modify the system for root access.
Steps to Root LG G7 ThinQ
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your LG G7 as asked above in the pre-requisite section.
- Download the root package file, lg-g7-boot-patched.img, on your PC.
- Rename it to something easy like g7-root.img so that it is easy to type it later on.
- Make that you have installed ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC and have enabled developer options, USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your LG G7. It’s covered in the unlock bootloader guide above, but just in case.
- Now open a command window inside the folder where you have the magisk file from above. For this, go that folder, and then type cmd in the address bar of that folder’s window, and then hit the enter key. A command window will open up, and its location will be that folder.
- Connect your LG G7 phone to the computer using the USB cable it came with.
- Reboot to fastboot mode
(also called bootloader mode). For this, in the command window, type the command below and hit the enter key to run it:
adb reboot bootloader
- We root the LG G7 now. For this, install the magisk
by running the command below:
fastboot flash boot_a g7-root.img fastboot flash boot_b g7-root.img
- LG G7 is rooted now. Now we just restart
the device now by running this command:
- Once the LG G7 has restarted, you can verify the root access using a root checker app from the Play Store.
- Download the APK file of the Magisk app. Transfer it to your LG G7 is your downloaded it on the PC.
- Install the app. Tap on the file to start the installation. (You can open a file manager app on your phone, browse to the location of the downloaded file, and then tap on it to install it.)
- When done, open the Magisk app, and it must show now that have root access now.