How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5 Plus [Resurrection Remix]
Here in this article, we are going to guide you how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5 Plus (potter) or how to update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. The Android 8.1 Oreo ROM is a custom ROM which is based on Resurrection Remix (RR). The ROM is Resurrection Remix 6.0 version. This Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix ROM for Moto G5 Plus is an official Resurrection Remix ROM.
Lenovo owned Motorola launched the Moto G5 Plus smartphone last year. The Moto G5 Plus is a mid-range smartphone that comes with 5.1-inch IPS display with 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor under the hood along with Adreno 506 GPU. It has 2 GB and 3GB of RAM variants and both have 32 GB internal storage, there is also 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage model also available. All Moto G5 Plus models support Micro SD card up to 256 GB.
The Phone is featured with a 12-megapixel camera on the back side and 5-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies. The phone is packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and also support Fast battery charging feature. The phone is available in Lunar Grey and Fine Gold color options. The Moto G5 Plus runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It is upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo officially.
If you have Moto G5 Plus potter smartphone want to install Android 8.1 Oreo or update is to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5 Plus (potter) or how to update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo ROM, which is based on Resurrection Remix (RR) 6.0 ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Moto G5 Plus official
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Moto G5 Plus Unofficial
- Download GApps
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5 Plus based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Moto G5 Plus and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.