How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z3 [OmniROM]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z3 or how to update Xperia Z3 to Android 8.1 Oreo, the Android 8.1 Oreo ROM based on OmniROM custom ROM. The Android 8.1 Oreo OmniROM is available for Xperia Z3 D6603, Xperia Z3 D6633, Xperia Z3 D6653 and Xperia Z3 D6683 only, don’t try this ROM on other phones or models.
Sony launched the Xperia Z3smartphone back in September 2014. It comes with 5.2-inch IPS display with 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution. It is powered by Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor under the hood along with Adreno 330 GPU. It has 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage option along with micro SD card support up to 256 GB.
The Xperia Z3 D6603/33/53/83 featured with 20.7-megapixels camera on the back side and 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery and supports fast charging feature. The Phone runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box and later upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
After Marshmallow, Sony stop releaseng new frimware OS updates for the Xperia Z3. If you have SOny Xperia Z3 (Leo codenam) smartphne and want to update to XPeria Z3 to Android Oreo than you are at the right place. Here we will show you the way how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z3 or how to update Xperia Z3 to Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the Beta stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xperia Z3 D6603, Xperia Z3 D6633, Xperia Z3 D6653 and Xperia Z3 D6683 only. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z3 based on OmniROM custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo OmniROM custom ROM from the download section and GApps files for Xperia Z3 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.