Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Note 2 which based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. The LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM is developed by XDA senior member Psy_Man for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Scorpio. The ROM is one of the best custom Custom ROM for the Mi Note 2 Scorpio phone.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 was launched back in October 2016 with pre-installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has not released any firmware software update to the phone. It came with a 5.7-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. It was powered by Quad-Core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor under the hood along with Adreno 530 GPU on board. The phone packed with Non-removable Li-Ion 4070 mAh battery capacity battery inside. It has 23-megapixels camera on the back side and 8-megapixel camera and the front side for selfies and video calls.
Note: The LineageOS 15.1 is still in beta stage of Android 8.1 Oreo, which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Camera ( Videos And Photos )
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Download GApps
How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Note 2 based on lineageOS 15.1
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your XIaomi Mi Note 2 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.