How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5 [Resurrection Remix ROM]
Xiaomi launched the Mi 5 smartphone back in 2016, it came with pre-installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The Mi 5 gemini codename smartphone is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. But there is no confirm news from the company that the phone will get Android 8.1 Oreo update. Here in this article, we will help you to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5 which is based on Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
The Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5 based on Resurrection Remix is a Resurrection Remix 6.0 version. Its one of best custom ROM for the Android devices. If you have XIaomi Mi 5 gemini phone and want to update Mi 5 to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article completely to update, flash, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5 based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Xiaomi Mi 5
- Download GApps
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 5 based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Xiaomi Mi 5 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.