How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, we are going to talking about how to update, flash, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A smartphone which is based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is a LineageOS 15.1 version ROM for the Redmi 4A ( codename rolex) that based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code.
XIaomi launched the Redmi 4A smartphone back in 2016, it comes with 5-inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels of resolution. It is powered by Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU along with Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 chipset. The Redmi 4A runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. Unfortunately, the company did not release any firmware OS update for the phone.
If you have Xiaomi Redmi 4A smartphone and want to experience Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you’re at right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A which is based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex) smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Redmi 4A and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Redmi 4A is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.