How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 2 [Resurrection Remix ROM]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 2 which is based on Resurrection Remix custom ROM. The Android 8.1 Oreo based custom ROM for Redmi 2 is Resurrection Remix 6.0 version. Here is the way to update Redmi 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 wt88047 was launched back in 2015, it came with pre-installed Android 4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box. Xiaomi did not release any firmware OS update for the phone. If you have Xiaomi Redmi 2 wt88047 ad want to update it to Android Oreo, then you are at the right place. Follow the article, step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 2 which is based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Redmi 2
- Download GApps
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 2 based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Redmi 2 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Redmi 2is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on Resurrection Remix 6.0. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.