How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus XT1643 or how to update Moto G4 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo which is based on LineageOS ROM. This is a LineagOS 15.1 for Moto G4 Plus XT1643 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code.
Motorola launched the Moto G4 Plus XT1643 smartphone back in 2016. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box, now its upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware OS. Google released the Android 8.1 Oreo OS and working on Android P and already released a beta version for developers. There is no official news from the company that the phone will get the Android 8.1 Oreo firmware OS update.
If you have Moto G4 Plus XT1643 phone and want to update or install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus or update Moto G4 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Motorola Moto G4 Plus XT1643 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G4 Plus XT1643 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for Moto G4 Plus XT1643 from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.