How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on LeECO Le 2 [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, you will find how to download, update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on LeECO Le 2 smartphone which is based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is unofficial Lineage OS custom ROM. The ROM is LineageOS 15.1 version for the Le 2 (s2, x52x codename) which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system.
The LeEco Le2 was launched in 2016 and came with pre-installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Unfortunately, the company did not release any Firmware update for the phone. If you have LeEco Le 2 x52x and want to update to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on LeECO Le 2 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for LeEco Le 2 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo for LeEco Le 2 based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on LeEco Le 2 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for LeEco Le 2 from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root LeEco Le 2 via SuperSU
Now your device rooted.