How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One A9 based on LineageOS
Here in this article, you will find how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One A9. This is an unofficial LineageOS ROM which comes with LineageOS 15.1 version for HTC One A9 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC One A9 (hiaeul) is custom ROM.
HTC One A9 was launched in 2015 and comes with 6.0 Marshmallow and company upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat OS. If you have HTC One A9 (hiaeul) and want to upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One A9 which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
- 1 How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One A9 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- 2 How to root HTC One A9 via SuperSU
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for HTC One A9 smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC One A9 based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC One A9 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for HTC One A9 from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root HTC One A9 via SuperSU
To root HTC One A9 via SuperSU. Click Here
Now your HTC One A9 rooted.