How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC 10 based LineageOS
Here in this article, you will find how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC 10 which based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is the LineageOS 15.1 version for HTC 10 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system source code. It an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 (pme) code name.
HTC 10 was launched a couple of years ago with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. But the company released the update and upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo operating system officially. There is no news about when the phone received Android 8.1 Oreo update or it may not receive at all.
If you have HTC 10 Pme smartphone and want to upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo then you are the right place. Just follow the article step-by-step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC 10 which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
- 1 How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC 10 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- 2 How to root HTC 10 via SuperSU
Also Read: Upcoming Smartwatches in 2018
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for HTC 10 (pme code name). Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo for HTC 10 based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on HTC 10 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps forHTC 10 from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your HTC 10 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root HTC 10 via SuperSU
To Root HTC 10 via SuperSU. Click Here
Now you have Root access too.