How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 Lite [LineageOS 15.1]
Last year, Huawei launched Honor 9 Lite (leland) smartphone to the market. It comes with pre-installed Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. There are no words from the company on Android 8.1 Oreo update for the phone. Here you will find how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 Lite (leland) which is based on Lineage OS custom ROM.
Lineage OS custom ROM is one of the best and popular customs ROM in the market. The Lineage OS ROM for Honor 9 Lite is LineageOS 15.1 version ROM. The LineageOS 15.1 for Honor 9 Lite is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. It’s an unofficial Lineage15.1 ROM, you can check the list of official LineageOS 15.1 supported device.
The Honor 9 Lite comes with 5.6-inch IPS display with 1080 x 2160 pixels resolution. It is powered by Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor under the hood along with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU. It has Dual camera sensors on the back side and front side as well, (13MP+2MP). It is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery inside the body, it comes with a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
If you have Honor 9 Lite (leland) smartphone and want to upgrade it to Android 8.1 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 Lite based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
Also Read : Best Features of Android P April
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your Honor 9 Lite bootloader is unlocked. To unlock Huawei phone bootloader, click Here.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 9 Lite smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 Lite based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps for Honor 9 Lite from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.