How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Sport [LineageOS 15.1]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Sport which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. This is an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. Samsung launched the Galaxy S5 Sport back in 2014 which also known as Samsung G860P in selected markets. The Galaxy S5 Sport codename kltesprsports came with Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box and it is upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. We pretty sure, the phone will not receive any more Firmware OS update official. Because of that, we write this article to provide Android Oreo for Galaxy S5 Sport users.
If you have Galaxy S5 Sport codename kltesprsports smartphone and want to experience Android Oreo features on it, then you are at right place. Here we will help you to flash or update your Galaxy S5 Sport to Android 8.1 Oreo. Just follow the article, step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Sport based on LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
Note: If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Galaxy S5 Sport. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S5 Sport
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S5 based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Galaxy S5 Sport and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file and SuperSU zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Galaxy S5 SPort is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.