How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 Mini [Resurrection Remix]
Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 Mini which is based on Resurrection Remix custom ROM. This is a Resurrection Remix 6.0 version ROM for the Galaxy S4 Mini based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. This Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (I9190 and i9195 model number) smartphone.
If you have Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphone want to test Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 Mini which is based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 Custom ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
You can also check List of Android 8.1 based official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported devices.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Galaxy S4 Mini
- Download GApps
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 Mini based on Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Galaxy S4 Mini and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.