How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS
Here in this article, you will find how to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 which is based on LineageOS ROM. This is unofficial LineageOS ROM comes with LineageOS 15.1 version which based on Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy Note 4 phablet. The LineageOS 15.1 Android Oreo is only for Galaxy Note 4 DUOS model.
If you have Samsung Galaxy Note 4 DUOS (trlteduos) and want to upgrade it to Android 8.1 Oreo then you are at the right place. Follow the article step by step to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy Note 4 Duos which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
- 1 How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- 2 How to root Galaxy Note 4 via SuperSU
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps forGalaxy Note 4 from the download section and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root Galaxy Note 4 via SuperSU
To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via SuperSU. Click Here
Now your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted.