How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1
Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 which based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is a LineageOS 15.1 ROM version for Galaxy Note 4 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was launched in 2014 and its one of the most popular devices ever from the company. Galaxy Note 4 codename trlte came with 4.4.4 KitKat operating system and upgradable to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system.
There are two LineageOS 15.1 unofficial custom ROM available for the Galaxy Note 4, one is developed by ripee and another by _mone. If you have Galaxy Note 4 sm910x smartphone and want to experience Android Oreo features on it, then you are at right place. Here we will help you to flash or update your Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.1 Oreo. Just follow the article, step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Galaxy Note 4. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy Note 4 by Ripee
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy Note 4 by _mone
- Download GApps
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Note 4 based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Galaxy Note 4 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Galaxy Note 4 (trlte) is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.