How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime [LineageOS]
Here in this article, you will find how to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime on7xelte which is based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is a LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime on7xelte model number which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. The Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 is brought to you by developer DarkLord1731. This not an official LineageOS 15.1 ROM for the Galaxy J7 Prime.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime launched a couple of years ago and runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The company upgraded it to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware OS officially. But The phone might be not received Android Oreo update officially.
If you have Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone and want to upgrade it to Android 8.1 Oreo then you are at the right place. Just follow the article step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime which is based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM.
- Almost Everything
- Sometimes screen on delay once after a reboot
Note: The ROM is still in the initial stage which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime on7xelte model number smartphone. Don’t try on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime
- Download GApps
- Download SuperSU
How to Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and GApps files for Galaxy Galaxy J7 Prime and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.
If you want to gain root access on your device then follow the below guide.
How to root Galaxy J7 Prime via SuperSU
To Root Galaxy J7 Prime via SuperSU. Click Here
Now you have Root access too.