WhatsApp’s business accounts are here to stay, but there’s an easy way to block them. WhatsApp Business is available for more than a year and is a way to monetize the platform. With business accounts, organizations can send you messages about everything from ticket confirmations, service updates, transaction-related information, and anything they can. The purpose of business accounts is to move the conversation from SMS — where these updates were sent previously — to WhatsApp and promote interaction between customers and local businesses.
However, there are many businesses that are taking the advantage of this platform to spam users with ads and unsolicited messages. If you too are getting such annoying messages from anyone and want to stop/block that business, it just takes a few seconds to get that done.
Block businesses from sending you messages on WhatsApp [How To]
- Open WhatsApp from the app drawer or home screen.
- Select the business account you’d like to block from the chats tab.
- Select Block from the action card at the bottom of the message window to block a particular business.
- You’ll also be able to block businesses from the action menu. Select the three vertical dots on the top right corner.
- Tap Block .
- You’ll see a dialog box with several options. Hit Block to block a business from sending you further messages.
However, if you’re not keen on receiving flight updates or transaction-related messages on WhatsApp, the option to block businesses will always be available.